Thursday, August 12, 2010

To blog or not to blog...THAT is the question

After hearing from many friends how funny my children's stories are, I decided to succumb to the peer pressure (insert arm that did not need to be twisted) and do it. The stories are all true, and the names have not been changed to protect the innocent, because alas, they are not innocent...they are my kids.

Last night on a late night bathroom visit I noticed light pouring out from under the boys room. Both boys sleep with a nightlight, so I knew the bright light shining could mean only one thing...Matthew was partying. I slowly opened the door and checked the light switch, when I hear "baaa- baaa?" (Matthew's utterance meaning "uh- hi mom..whatcha doing?") I opened the door further to see what looked like throw up all over Matthew's bed, except he is sitting there with this Cheesy smile on his face, clearly not sick and very happy that he had a late night (3am) visitor. Upon closer inspection I see that I am not looking at chunks of throw up, rather, tons and tons of Coins. TONS. (okay- not tons, but at 3am it was A LOT) Matthew had decided to get his Bank, and the good sharer he is, his Brother's Bank, and decided to pry open the lids and dump the entire contents all over his bed. Bills and Coins were EVERYWHERE. I took a deep breath, knew there was no point in saying a word, shook my head and began the long process of trying to find every Coin and Dollar and put them back into the Banks. Of course the Paranoid part of my Brain was freaking out that if I forgot one little Coin, Matthew could find it and put it in his mouth, swallow it, and choke. The fact that he had TONS (not really) of Coins already on his Bed for God knows how long already didn't seem to matter. After I finally thought I got them all in the Banks, I back up, still half asleep, and step down on what can only be described as Four huge Knives sticking into the Sole of my Foot. In actuality, it was a Stegosaurus. Apparently in my distraction of the Money fiasco, I failed to see the Dinosaur/Monster Truck Parade that Matthew has set up on the other side of the room. Literally about Forty Dinosaurs (seriously) and about Twenty Monster Trucks were all lined up, nice and neat, well, until my size Ten came down and ruined the party (party pooper). I did one of those silent screams so I wouldn't wake up Jake, and signed "night-night" to Matthew so I could leave the room before I cried from my Stegosaurus hit and run. So I am tired. Very tired. That is about all I got since I have the Brain of a Marshmallow right now. I'll be back (said in a very bad Arnold Terminator impression)

Peace

1 comment:

  1. Love it! :) Laughing hysterically!!! I needed that laugh today at work. Thanks Jen!

    ReplyDelete